Learn how to make our easy pumpkin crisp recipe, a delicious dessert that features pure pumpkin with a sweet crisp topping. Enjoy the flavors of pumpkin spice in this pumpkin crisp dessert!
Easy Pumpkin Pie Crisp
We are thrilled for all things fall – the leaves, cool air, pumpkin spice everything, and especially pumpkin desserts. Pumpkin is one of our favorite flavors of the season so it’s a must that we make something sweet around here!
How to make our easy pumpkin crisp recipe
When you want to make a pumpkin pie dessert but don’t have the time or ingredients to make the crust, our easy pumpkin crisp recipe is what you need. We take our wonderful pumpkin pie filling and cover it with an amazing brown sugar and oat crisp topping that is crumbly, sweet, and has the perfect crunch to it!
Ingredients For Pumpkin Crisp
This recipe for pumpkin pie crisp uses the following ingredients, you might have most of these already in your kitchen pantry:
- Pumpkin puree
- Evaporated milk
- Vanilla extract
- Sugar – white and brown
- Pumpkin pie spice
You will also need:
- 9-inch pie dish
- Large and small mixing bowls
- Optional: Vanilla ice cream
How To Make the Pumpkin Pie Filling
First, let’s preheat the oven to 400 degrees. To make the pumpkin pie crisp filling, beat eggs in a large bowl and add the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract. Next, add the white sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice, stirring until the pumpkin mixture is nice and smooth. Pour the mixture into a pie dish and set it aside.
Make the Crumbly Pumpkin Crisp Topping
In a second bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, and melted butter. Stir just until the oats are coated with butter and sugar and the mixture is nice and crumbly. Do not overmix – you don’t want to make a paste here.
Next, evenly spread the crisp topping over the pumpkin mixture in the pie dish.
Bake your pumpkin oat dessert
Then you’ll bake this amazing pumpkin pie crisp at 400 degrees for about 35-40 minutes, or until the top is nice and browned and the pie underneath passes the toothpick test. Allow the crisp recipe to cool and serve with your favorite pumpkin pie toppings.
Easy Pumpkin Crisp Recipe - A Sweet Pumpkin Dessert
Learn how to make our easy pumpkin crisp recipe, a delicious dessert that features pure pumpkin with a sweet crisp topping.
- 2 eggs
- 1 - 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 - 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Optional: Vanilla ice cream
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish and set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl, then add pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Add white sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice and mix thoroughly. Pour pumpkin mixture into the pie dish and set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine oats, flour, and brown sugar. Slowly stir in the melted butter until the mixture is nice and crumbly. DO NOT over mix.
- Spread the oat topping onto the pumpkin mixture in the pie dish. Gently spread to evenly cover the top of the pumpkin recipe.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is a crispy golden brown and the pumpkin filling is set (try the toothpick test to check the center of the dessert).
- Allow the pumpkin crisp dessert to cool slightly, scoop, and serve with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or whatever you love to top your pumpkin recipes with!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What to Serve this Dessert With
We topped our pumpkin pie crisp dessert with vanilla bean ice cream. There’s nothing like slowly melting ice cream on a fresh-baked dessert that is warm out of the oven! You can also serve this with whipped cream, a meringue topping, caramel, nuts, or other ice cream flavors.
Enjoy our pumpkin crisp recipe with oats
We hope you love this baked pumpkin oatmeal crisp recipe! Even though pumpkin pie is a traditional stape around this time of year, it is nice to try something a little bit different. A pumpkin pie without crust means a much quicker dessert! It is a great crustless pumpkin pie alternative and makes the perfect fall sweet treat.